ARL Chief Technology Officer David Rahe is a certified reliability engineer with over 20 years of direct experience in the areas of environmental testing and reliability consulting. An accomplished technically strong professional with extensive experience in the oversight, planning, design, and performance of diverse reliability and environmental programs, David is also an experienced international and domestic technical trainer and an author / presenter of technical papers. He has both served on and chaired IEEE and Military Standards development committees.
David has experience with products from many diverse markets, including aerospace, down-hole oil drilling, automotive, information technology, computers, communications, industrial automation, plant process controls and many others. He has conducted and/or supervised scores of product tests and also consulted with numerous companies. His clients consider him an environmental test and reliability planning expert. He has established close working relationships with numerous companies including Dell, HP, GM, Siemens, Schlumberger, Logitech and Emerson, providing testing, training and consulting services.
David’s training experience includes both on-site corporate events and web-based seminars on such topics as reliability disciplines, analysis, environmental testing, and accelerated life testing (including HALT and HASS).
He has performed or supervised over 1,000 HALT and HASS procedures on a wide variety of products in numerous industries, from medical to aerospace to oil drilling equipment. David has authored and coauthored several published papers for conferences, such as RAMS (Reliability and Maintainability Symposium), IPC (Association Connecting Electronics Industries), and IEEE ASTR (Accelerated Stress Test and Reliability). He has also authored the HALT Standard draft document that is widely used and globally accepted as the guiding document for performing HALT.
Certifications & Standards Development
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) with American Society for Quality
- Certified Reliability Availability and Maintenance (RAMS) Engineer
- Member of the MIL-STD-810G Working Group (WG-DTE043), the Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- Member of the MIL-HDBK-217 Reliability Prediction Revision with the Department of Defense
- Member of the IPC 9-82 Power Conversion Devices Standards Committee, IPC-9592, “Requirements for Power Conversion Devices for the Computer and Telecommunications Industries”
- Co-Chair of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) HALT Standards Committee
- Technical Chair of the IEEE Accelerated Stress Test and Reliability Association